Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (VP/CFO)
The VP/CFO consists of overseeing all the financial operations within the corporate structure. He/She will maintain all coverage of financial accountability, assets, payroll, corporate annuities, payouts, contributions, funding from various private and public organizations, control all ledgers, books, accounting classification codes, and nonprofit subsidies through grant proposals and contracts.
This position will report directly to the Chairman, CEO & Founder and collaborate with the Executive Vice President and other VP's for insight and evaluative assessment as needed.
This is the fourth ranking position in the organization and will be counted on for their insight, expertise and quality control of all corporate funds related to all program areas established throughout the continental United States and internationally.
He/She will run an entire division that will consist of the following director: Director of Finance & Budget, Managers, Assistant Directors, to include all staff that encompasses the finance division and Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO).
The VP/CFO will oversee all regional headquarter financing departments from the World Headquarters office and set the standards related to the corporate policies and procedures across the country.
He/She will maintain clear, concise, written, and oral communication at all times as needed to provide guidance, leadership, and follow the corporate direction as set forth by the Chairman/CEO.
He/She will ascertain all financial reports and produce monthly, quarterly, and annual breakdowns to facilitate current progress of all corporate finances. He/She will ensure that the division will comply with his/her set standards within the larger corporate structure of the organization.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Timberline and Excel is preferred, along with Quickbooks & Razors Edge.
- The VP/CFO shall be committed to corporate prosperity, upward mobility, and ensure the corporation is meeting all federal and financial regulatory guidelines, to include transparency throughout the organization.
- He/She will establish divisional standard operating procedures that will best help run the financial structure of the corporation smoothly.
- This position will be provisional under the corporate structure and shall be evaluated by the Chairman, CEO & Founder and the President for promptness, expedience, and willingness to see jobs completed in its entirety, above and beyond the description indicated herein.
- The VP/CFO will be expected to have extensive training, experience (8-10 years), senior executive staff background, and the ability to make tough decision based on the mission and guidance of the organization. The position will readily connect with other financial constituents to increase revenues for the organization.
- Financial compliance will be a critical factor, and the individual taking this position will assume all responsibilities indicated herein.
Minimum 8-10 years experience with accounting and finance background. BA requested, MBA/CPA desired with senior management experience. Seasoned Track record with nonprofit and for-profit organizations. An ability to multitask a plus.
Please e-mail your resume to Dr. Works with the word "Resume" on the subject line and the position you are applying for. All positions are for current and former military veterans only.