Web Designers/ Developers (WD/D)
The Web Developer/Designer will report directly to the Director of Technical Services for leadership, guidance and mission essential IT/IS support issues by advancing and adhering to the organization's troubleshooting priorities as well as enabling him/her to perform mutiple tasks as given.
The WD/D must have clear, concise, oral and written communication, able to work as a team player with the ability to work at times independently of supervision. The overall divisional leadership will consist of the VP of Information Systems (VPIS) that will provide training, management, establish tier level support teams, create protocols and guidelines for the entire division that's consistent with the mission and vision of the corporation.
PROJECT RELATED COMPETENCIES:
Solution Development and Delivery
- Understands technical and functional design requirements.
- Assists in physical and logical database design.
- Creates prototypes for client engagements.
- Designs, codes, and tests technical solutions.
- Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Leads small teams of developers.
- Assists in enforcement of development deadlines and schedules.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards.
- Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Promotes active listening with team members.
- Contributes appropriately to conversations.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Understands advanced relational database concepts.
- Demonstrates proficiency with physical and logical database design.
- Writes effective stored procedures.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with at least one relational database management system.
- Demonstrates proficiency in at least one structured programming language.
- Creates effective XSL style sheets.
- Reads and understands XML schemas.
- Understands client server and internet systems architectures.
- Demonstrates familiarity with object and component methodology and technology.
- Understands DCOM/CORBA or equivalent.
- Identifies appropriate use of COM objects.
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow employees.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understands expectations that were set with client and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Encourages more junior employees to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Participates regularly in the recruitment of new hires through our interviewing process and involvement in recruiting events.
- Actively contributes to internal programs.
Must have a minimum of a BS degree in following fields of study (Computer Science, Programming, Information Systems, Information Technology, etc.). Must have acquired certificates in IS/IT background and worked with various organizations in such capacities as a consultant, advanced troubleshooting ability, and have a minimum of 10+ years of experience in this field of work. Ability to work with a team and independently to support the mission(s) of the corporation.
Please e-mail your resume to Dr. Works with the word "Resume" on the subject line and the position you are applying for. All positions are for current and former military veterans only.