Vice President of Medical Services/Chief Medical Officer (VPMS/CMO)
The Vice President of Medical Services/Chief Medical Officer will provide clinical, medical & operational oversight and will lead the VDI business development initiatives. In partnership with the lead physician for Medical Services, he/she will also oversee the Director of Medical Services (DMS) and Clinical Director (CD) collectively.
The VPMS/CMO will be responsible for day-to-day operations including staff development and management of all VDI healthcare professionals, budgeting, quality intervention, financial performance and program growth for General Medicine/Psychiatry, Psychological Assessments, Medical Telemetry/Step-Down, GI Services, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury), Wound Care and Curative Services, Dialysis, and all Mental Health assessment.
The VPMS/CMO will report to the Executive Vice President, President & Chief Operations Officer as well as the Chairman, CEO & Founder on an as needed basis to provide updates on various system wide interventions and preventive services that best assist the veteran community across the country.
The VPMS/CMO will be a provisional position evaluated for clear, concise, oral and written communication with the ability to multitask on various issues and topics that arise as well as provide interactive communication to executive and senior staff including subordinates.
Medical Operations & Team Building:
- The VPMS/CMO will join the VDI during a period of rapid growth and scaling to support and manage the development of its medical services and patient education programs. Reporting to the President and working collaboratively with senior leaders and staff across all functions.
- The VPMS/CMO will lead day-to-day operations of multiple functions to advance a dynamic system of medical and patient education services and membership programs; promote scientific research; coordinate national and international conferences and events; and increase awareness of VDI's clientele through increased on-line networking and outreach.
- The VPMS/CMO will serve as an integral member of the senior executive management team; will serve as a key liaison between medical professionals, veterans, patients and staff relative to program development and growth; will work to build and maintain the relationships and partnerships necessary to support ongoing expansion; and will promote funding by developing strong internal and external relationships that advance VDI’s reach and impact.
Communication Strategy, Vision & Leadership:
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees, performance management, and decision making.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership in the supervision of dialysis managers and personnel and to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all veterans.
- Must complete FMS Management and Leadership training modules and ongoing training and development programs within the specified timeline. This position will cover several states, so the ability to travel is required. A customer focused individual; able to understand customer needs and develop and implement creative solutions to maximize growth and new business development for the VDI and veterans across the globe.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 to 10 years of progressive management experience leading a profitable service line with a track record of proven results in clinical quality, patient/client satisfaction, fiscal and operational productivity.
Successful candidates will possess a collaborative leadership style, results and data orientation, and a passion for excellence in patient care. Excellent business, strategic, communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills are vital. A Masters of Healthcare Administration/Master of Public (MPH) Health or equivalent is required. A Doctorate is preferably desired, such as an MD or PhD/DPH.
Please e-mail your resume to Dr. Works with the word "Resume" on the subject line and the position you are applying for. All positions are for current and former military veterans only.