Vice President of Information Systems (VPIS)
The Vice President of Information Systems (VPIS) directs and manages information technology services by planning, executing, troubleshooting, and administering various information system strategies to support ongoing productivity and reduce business risk.
Plan and implement information systems projects, ongoing operations and functionality to all corporate locations around the continental United States and globally.
The VPIS will report to the President & Chief Operating Officer and the Chairman, CEO & Founder on an as needed basis to provide a clear, concise, written, and verbal communication to the executive and senior staff as well as the Board of Directors when directed.
The VPIS will be required to brief the executive staff on ways to improve, condense and compile data storage effectively and efficiently.
The VPIS will have complete autonomy over his/her division consisting of the Director of Technical Services, Assistant Director, Systems Manager, and various IT support staff.
He/she must train development and implement strategic objectives to enhance information and system readiness to every department throughout the corporation.
He/she will be evaluated and assessed on system readiness, job performance, accuracy, and timeliness of support of various issues and systemwide concerns.
The VPIS must effectively interact and build rapports with all divisional and department heads by transitioning information and insight to those in completing tasks, conditions and standards as per the policies set forth herein by the Chairman, CEO & Founder.
He/she must meet the following requirements as indicated below to advance systemwide progress of the VDI. They are as follows:
- Plan and implement information systems projects, ongoing operations and improvements.
- Budget, plan and control operating costs, capital project costs and other expenses as assigned.
- Work with cross-functional teams to determine information systems priorities, create plans, define, document and implement solutions.
- Communicate with all levels of management to keep them informed of system status, plans, results, issues and resolutions as required to maintain productivity for departments.
- Conduct feasibility and evaluative studies of high priority issues or needs and evaluate alternate approaches, including business justification and risk assessment.
- Coordinate information systems resources with other departments and Masco to ensure appropriate allocation and support for ongoing operations and projects as requested.
- Maintain current knowledge of state-of-the-art information technologies to support ongoing improvements to IT systems.
- Lead and supervise employees to provide direction, training and support to accomplish results in accordance with personnel policies and procedures as per the Chairman, CEO & Founder.
- Direct and train staff to assist and train users to develop human capital effectiveness in using information technology.
- Educational attainment equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in corporate information systems appropriate to the position leadership and management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of related computer technology, systems and applications Knowledge of business operations and functions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing establish effective interpersonal relations.
- Budgeting: planning, reporting and analysis skills.
- Supervisory: training and leadership skills.
This is a provisional position and will be evaluated on years of service in a senior level capacity, experience, training, expertise and to make tough decision by supporting the needs of the corporation and its policies.
7 to 10 years experience with a for-profit or nonprofit organization. Must be able to multitask and prioritize goals as per the polices of the Chairman, CEO & Founder. Minimum BA required, Masters desired.
Please e-mail your resume to Dr. Works with the word "Resume" on the subject line and the position you are applying for. All positions are for current and former military veterans only.