Member Services Coordinator (MSC)
The Member Services Coordinator will be responsible for leading the efforts to develop, manage and implement member services and programs offered through the Veterans Development Initiatives, Inc.
This will include all activities relating to assistance in the recruitment of new members and retention of existing members, support of membership growth and retention through promotions, marketing and fundraising activities to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all members. In addition, the Member Services Coordinator also assists with some administrative and business office functions.
JOB FUNCTIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Executes a full range of activities required to effectively plan, develop, manage and implement an outcomes-based program delivery model for the VDI's inclusive of a comprehensive evaluation component, enabling the organization to accurately and powerfully articulate outcomes achieved for the key stakeholders served through the programs and services offered by the VDI.
- Plan and manage activities related to a wide variety of existing programs and services in addition to educational forums, which include maintaining educational information/resources on our website; development of new and enhancing of existing printed/electronic educational materials; development/writing of content for printed electronic newsletters; maintenance of information for our referral network; support veterans in every capacity, to include caregivers, physicians and other various professionals with direct assistance via phone/email; participation in advocacy initiatives as called upon.
- Identify, develop and provide support for new member-based program development; work with the Development Director on funding sources for new program development.
- Primary manager of the member database; ensures accuracy and integrity of all member information.
- Responsible for maintaining member communication.
- Direct and manage the mentoring program; grow program to mentor to mentee ratio of 3:1 with quarterly benchmarks.
- Produce reports showing the results of recruitment and retention activity on a monthly basis.
- Develop outcomes-based delivery model, inclusive of a comprehensive evaluative component to actively recruit, maintain and grow membership and to enhance member benefits and services.
- Play a key leadership role in completing a comprehensive member needs assessment every 3 years. Leads the efforts to implement recommended changes to programs/services offerings based on these results.
- Manage the VDI's Membership Resource Program.
- Establish an ongoing-plan to promote the Membership Resource Program and provide increased resources and accessibility to all members.
- Maintain local contact/professional lists.
- Work with the webmaster to enhance the Membership website to meet the needs of its members.
- Prepare reports for Board meetings and other related meetings.
- Develop member and program-based budgets with 1-5 year projections on an annual basis.
- Small amount of bookkeeping responsibilities, which will include accounts payable responsibilities and oversight of small product inventory.
- Assist with yearly financial audit.
- Writes articles specific to membership, benefits, mentoring for website, e-newsletter, social media and direct mail distribution.
- Prepare mailing list for newsletter distribution; assist with article solicitation from members.
- Seek out opportunities for membership and program grants and funding; work with the Development Director to complete grant application and provide necessary descriptions, budget and justification for funding.
- Assists Meeting Planner in developing strategies to actively market the biennial conference to non-conference and previous conference attendees, members and non-members.
- Assist with on-site registration on the biennial conference; reconcile daily inventory-store or registration; present session(s) on mentor and member programs as needed or requested.
- Run queries for brochure mailings, registrations, badges for Meeting Planner and Administrative Assistant.
- Work with the Administrative Assistant and Meeting Planner to coordinate mailings for the VDI’s Annual walk.
- Attend the annual walk at one of the national sites.
- Receive and check in the proceeds of the walk from the participating sites.
- Maintain spreadsheet of walk donation entry process and proceeds.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS – MINIMUM:
- Passion for the mission of the Veterans Development Initiatives, Inc.
- Knowledge of and/or strong desire to learn about VDI and veteran’s community, realizing that this knowledge is vital to providing a high level of service to key stakeholders in this role.
- In-depth knowledge of and demonstrated ability to effectively deliver superior results in nonprofit programs/services planning, program delivery activities and general programs/services administration.
- Ability to serve as a respected, trusted spokesperson and resource for the VDI's key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five to seven years experience in membership services. Excellent project management/organizational skills and ability to successfully manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively lead a team and work closely and productively with all staff and volunteers.
- Deductive reasoning and analytical skills required.
- High professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to develop and clearly articulate justification for detailed programmatic and membership budgets and reports.
- Strong computer skills (demonstrated proficiency w/MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher and design programs).
- Excellent interpersonal communication abilities, organizational presentation skills and experience with public speaking and presentations to multiple audiences.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Resourceful, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Ability to adapt and change with environment and circumstances.
- Ability to thrive in and be highly-productive in a self-directed work environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work independently, productively and cooperatively as part of a team including staff, volunteers and board members.
- Be personable, proactive, creative, organized and enthusiastic.
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments, members and suppliers.
- Some evening and weekends are required.
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must have reliable transportation with valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Additional tasks as assigned and required.
The Member Services Coordinator is generally accountable to the Director of Development for the following:
- Instituting, facilitating and following best practices related to the overall planning, management and implementation of programs and services activities. He/She will also be assessed for clear, concise, oral, and written communication to executive, senior and general staff components regarding membership, etc.
- This is a provisional position that will be evaluated by the President & Chief Operations Officer, Vice President of External Affairs, Director of Development, and the Assistant Director of Development.
- Ensuring legal compliance where applicable as it relates to the Member Services Coordinator’s major areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring a high level of service and support is provided to key stakeholders and the VDI is contacted for assistance.
- Serving as a strong and effective ambassador of the VDI.
- Contributing to the VDI as a productive, passionate, dedicated and responsible team member.
Please e-mail your resume to Dr. Works with the word "Resume" on the subject line and the position you are applying for. All positions are for current and former military veterans only.