Intake Coordinator(s) (IC)
This position will oversee all the intake specialists within the corporation and provide training programs that enhances the company's initial registry for all walk-in veterans. The IC will report directly to the Director of Employment to assess clear, concise, oral and written communications and leadership skills to subordinate staff.
Overall monitoring will be provided up by the division head, VPHR (VP, Human Resources) to effectively provide the necessary guidance, after action reviews, evaluative assessments, etc. The IC will follow all corporate guidelines as it pertains to the mission and vision of the organization, to include the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct case safety risk assessments. Alert supervisor of safety concerns. Behave in accordance with safety tips, policy and procedures as guided by Risk Management.
- Provide necessary intake documents to the Quality Assurance Team within the specified timeline.
- Facilitate the evaluation process by actively participating in the overall quality of customer service.
- Adhere to performance standards based on program specifications and level of service requirements, including completion of all paperwork in a professional manner within the designated time frames.
- Maintain a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend work to accommodate scheduling needs of customers.
- Be accessible to assigned customers via cell phone in accordance with program specifications. Notify Supervisor to arrange for coverage during illness and vacation time.
- Demonstrate professional responsibility in making effective use of individual and group supervisory sessions, program staff meetings, agency resources and training sessions.
- Participate in available training provided both in-service and through outside resources. In addition, utilize agency films, books and literature.
- Maintain regular contacts with referral sources to recruit program applicants.
- Schedules applicant interviews; gathers pertinent information and review applications for completeness.
- Assists applicants in negotiating through application process as needed to ensure smooth and timely completion.
- Serves as central point of contact for program applicants and referral sources.
- Maintains contact with applicants to communicate status of application and follow up needs (if any).
- Maintains program waiting list; submits monthly reports to supervisor regarding waiting list status and intake activities.
- Schedules and process applicants’ entry into the program; provides pertinent information to assigned ITS's and other program staff.
- Provides back up coverage for ITS’s as needed.
- Research and educate staff on available community resources. Attend independent living network meetings when appropriate.
- Recruit caring adults from business, civic and religious communities to provide extensive mentorship programs.
- Encourage veterans to participate in community activities in the civic and religious communities and through volunteering.
- Provide veterans with linkages to employment mentors, resources and job services; provide job coaching and professional development as needed.
- Must be able to see, speak and hear. Employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Employment.
- Be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- To uphold and advance the values, ethics, knowledge and mission of the profession.
- To respect the privacy of clients in accordance with HIPAA and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of professional service.
- Assume an active role in Agency fundraising events.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma with relevant background experience or Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field.
- Personal qualities of warmth, empathy and sense of responsibility are essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, use of an insured vehicle and an acceptable driving record.
- Statements included in the description are intended to reflect the general duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being inclusive.
As per the aforementioned listed above.
Please e-mail your resume to Dr. Works with the word "Resume" on the subject line and the position you are applying for. All positions are for current and former military veterans only.