Executive Assistant(s) (EA)
Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff.
The Executive Assistant(s) will specifically work supporting high-level company officers, such as the Chairman, CEO, President, CFO and EVP. Similar to an administration assistant, an executive assistant is often the first person visitors speak to, so it's a position that requires poise and people skills.
In addition to the clerical, reporting and administrative duties required of an assistant, an executive secretary job description also typically includes a working knowledge of the executive's duties, so as to be able to effectively schedule the executive's appointments.
Attending meetings on the executive's behalf and managing clerical staff are less common, but still frequently occurring, elements of an executive assistant must be diverse in handling and prioritizing requirements for the senior executive as needed.
Executive assistants work closely with top-level executives of companies in many industries, providing research, technological and administrative support. The executive assistant(s) often make decisions when the executive is unavailable and write correspondence, create reports and supervise administrative staff.
In addition, the executive assistant(s) generally must have experience and expertise in the company's industry. Extensive knowledge of information systems, computers, office equipment and clerical procedures is important to perform the tasks required. Organization and interpersonal skills are highly important attributes for the job.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- 5 to 10+ years experience supporting at the executive level.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management.
- Support experience in a professional services, sales or marketing environment.
- Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT WILL:
- Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings.
- Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Partners.
- Assist Partners with preparation of presentation materials.
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary.
- Assist in pipeline/forecast preparation and management.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Arrange travel schedule and reservations for executive management as needed.
- Work closely with the Partners to coordinate and launch hard copy or email campaigns to consultants, clients and potential clients.
As per the aforementioned listed above.
Please e-mail your resume to Dr. Works with the word "Resume" on the subject line and the position you are applying for. All positions are for current and former military veterans only.