Director of Case Management (DCM)
Under the general direction of the Case Management Director, the Case Management supervisor monitors and evaluates the Case Management program, coordinates Case Management services, and assists veterans with the VDI in coordinating services that are needed and desired.
The Case Management supervisor is also responsible for training and supervising Case Management staff and for consumer and systems advocacy. He/she will reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources (VPHR) as the divisional supervisor for guidance leadership and training methodology.
This position is also subject to criminal and abuse background checks, and may require pre-employment drug screening.
Commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process requests for services by conducting intakes, obtaining / completing necessary assessments, completing social histories, and collecting documentation for the determination of program eligibility.
- Serve as advocate for the consumer and facilitate the Interdisciplinary Team in the development of the Comprehensive Consumer Service Plan.
- Coordinate, implement, and monitor the Comprehensive Consumer Service Plan.
- Provide mediation between the consumer and the providers, guardians, family members, or the agency relative to the needs and desires identified by the consumer.
- Set up and maintain client files.
- Complete all required documentation in individual case files in a timely manner.
- Assist consumers in receiving services which have been identified in the planning process.
- Initiate the transfer of an individual to other services or terminate services when the client determines they are no longer required or desired.
- Assist consumers, guardians, and families in maximizing their abilities for self-determination by enabling them and empowering them in decision-making to the greatest extent possible.
- Assist in accessing community resources identified for the consumer, family members, and/ or various providers.
- Maintain professional relationships with department personnel, county personnel, consumers, families, and service providers.
- Provide emergency backup coverage in the absence of the assigned Case Manager.
- Train and supervise Case Managers.
- Assist in the hiring and evaluation of all agency Case Managers.
- Assist in identifying training needs for the Case Management program.
- Coordinate training for staff.
- Act as liaison between Case Managers and management.
- Help Case Managers develop mediation and intervention strategies and implement them to resolve conflicts.
- Prepare reports; keep data, and present information relative to Case Management activities to its governing board, its committees, funding sources, service providers and the public as assigned.
- Receive information on all new TCM referrals, and coordinate with the CPC.
- Assist in planning for, monitoring, and evaluating all operations of the TCM program.
- Participate on committees dealing with Case Management or related consumer services.
- Participate in the county planning process.
- Coordinate various aspects of Case Management services; including referral, intake, eligibility determination, program planning, monitoring, assessment, and evaluation of consumer needs/services.
- Assist with development of Case Management policies and procedures in accordance with the VDI and the guidance provided by superiors.
- Participate in professional development workshop opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Case Management Director.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The successful candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job:
- Applies professional level of knowledge of federal and state assistance programs for the veteran populations. (i.e., housing, employment, legal, medical, etc.).
- Knowledgeable in case management principles, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledgeable in crisis intervention principles and practices.
- Demonstrates adaptability to performing a variety of duties, occasionally changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Demonstrates competent computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office word processing.
- Ability to present ideas effectively, in both oral and written form.
- Ability to comprehend and follow oral and/or written directions.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict between dissenting parties.
- Ability to conduct detailed analytical evaluations and studies and prepare related reports and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a valid Social Work license.
- Social Workers must have a minimum of one year of experience in the delivery of human services, specific to the needs and abilities of each of the population groups being served.
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and adequate liability insurance are required.
While performing the duties required of this position, the employee is regularly subject to a mentally stressful environment; however, the likelihood of bodily injury or similar occupational hazard is slight. Must have physical and mental stamina and be able to perform successfully under time-limited pressure.
Regular office hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Must have the flexibility to adjust the schedule occasionally in order to accommodate others’ schedules.
Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office machines and equipment including, but not limited to, computer and printers, typewriter, fax machine, copier, calculator, and telephone. The position may entail long periods of sitting or driving, depending on circumstances.
In most cases, physical demand requirements are at a level of those for sedentary or office environment work which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of light to moderate weight materials (approximately thirty pounds).
Marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of essential job duties have been excluded from this description.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective employees are encouraged to discuss possible accommodations with the employer.
Job descriptions in no way imply that the description includes every duty to be performed by the employee in the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by the Case Management Director.
Please e-mail your resume to Dr. Works with the word "Resume" on the subject line and the position you are applying for. All positions are for current and former military veterans only.